For over 36 years Ebony Horsewomen (EHI), operating in Hartford's 693-acre historic Keney Park has encouraged community change by providing educational programs, improving the physical and psychological well-being of individuals, with and without disabilities through the use of horses. To carry out its mission, EHI established the three Centers of Excellence. Each Center provides community services in its area of specialization.
Healing Horses Therapy Center
Our Culturally Competent Equine Assisted Therapy and Psychotherapy puts people and horses together along with a therapist in an environment designed to promote emotional growth and learning and used to help with a variety of mental health issues from PTSD, addiction, to low self-esteem. No riding experience is necessary, and in most cases, you won't be required to ride the horse at all.
- Culturally Competent Equine Assisted Therapy And Psychotherapy group and private sessions
- Services For Veterans & Their Families
- Culturally Competent Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Certification
- Training & Workshops
- College Internships Continuing Education
EHI Community Resource Center
Our programs encouraged community change by providing educational opportunities for youth, improving physical and psychological health through the use of horses. Our programs build on the strengths of the individuals we serve.
- Equine Based Summer Day Camp
- Saturday Saddle And Science - 4-H Club
- Junior Mounted Patrol Park Rangers
- Young Ladies Dressage Team & Leadership Academy
- Extended Day After School Program
- Mary Fields (Stage Coach Mary) Museum
EHI Equestrian Center
Situated in historic Keney Park, we’re centrally based for locals and visitors who relish the opportunity to take lessons and ride our friendly horses and learn more about equine care.
- Riding Lessons
- Petting Zoo
- Youth Day Camps
- Family Days & Demonstrations